Ardmore Oklahoma Museums
Good times are at Lake Murray State Park, where you can dock for free to enjoy the state's oldest and largest state park, which includes more than 12,000 acres of lakes, rivers, ponds, streams and lakes. Play 18 holes of golf on the golf course, follow the nature trails and enjoy water sports such as fishing or picnics on the beach.
Local museums include the Eliza Cruce Hall Doll Museum, which is located in the Ardmore Public Library. The museum is operated by the Ottowa County Historical Society and is open free of charge. It houses exhibits on the history of dolls, dolls and dolls.
Ardmore venues, including the Red River Theatre, Oklahoma City Music Hall and West End Theatre, offer a range of live music and theatre offerings. Ard mores also offers great dining options, including some well-known favorites such as the dining room in the public library. My personal favourite is the Casa de la Raza, where you can order a fried chicken steak, chicken wings or even a burger with chips.
You can visit the tiny town, also named after the town of Ardmore, Oklahoma, a small town in Oklahoma State just north of the Oklahoma City Metro station.
In 1890, Ardmore, with its 250 inhabitants, flourished and by 1895 more than ten thousand bales of cotton were marketed there. In 1895, the inhabitants rebuilt after a fire, and after the fire the city was highly developed and the nearby oil fields contributed to the development of the former Chickasaw territory. In 1998, BNSF, a successor to Santa Fe, sold the land for $20,000 and sold its depot for $1.00. North of Oklahoma City, just a few miles from the Oklahoma State University campus, it flourished in 1890 and became the site of a railroad depot where wagons lined up to wait for their arrival, turning it into a cotton exchange.
Marland presented the land around the Pioneer Woman statue to Oklahoma State and its people. The Oklahoma History Center is set on 18 acres of land near the main building and is a beautifully designed, self-guided exploration of the history of Nowata County. Twenty-four rooms trace its history with artifacts from the Civil War to the days of the Indian Territory. The center is also home to the Lawrence S. Youngblood Energy Library, which has housed the state's first public library since the late 1890s and now contains more than 1,000 catalogued volumes on the history of oil and gas in Oklahoma.
The Eliza Cruce Hall Doll Museum is housed in the Ardmore Public Library and opened in 2000. Others include the Carter County Courthouse (NR 85000678), completed in 1910, and the Oklahoma State Museum, the first public museum in Oklahoma.
Unfortunately, the museum, which was founded in the early 20th century on the site of the former Ardmore Public Library, is closed due to lack of funds. The plans sent to the State Historic Preservation Office did not include a waiting room, and there are no grants for Amtrak to return to Oklahoma.
To find records for your district, use the FamilySearch Locations catalog in the Oklahoma Department of Public Health and Human Services. Search Google for "Ardmore, Oklahoma Vital Records" in your state or see "Family Search, Catalog, Place Search" for instructions. See also how to order and download Oklahoma Vital Records by mail, e-mail or e-mail.
The Oklahoma Department of Public Health and Human Services' Vital Records database is available online and in print at http: / / www.
The Oklahoma Oil Museum, run by the Seminole Historical Society, will close in October to focus on other Seminoles educational projects. The Triangle region borders Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. In the mid-19th century, an oil boom began at Healdton Field, where the largest and most productive oil field ever found in Oklahoma was discovered. The accident occurred when a fuel tank was discovered in a car and exploded on its way to a gas station near the oil spill.
Today, the Anadarko Basin Museum is closed and the Seminole Historical Society Oklahoma Oil Museum will be housed in its former home at the Oklahoma Museum of Natural History.
1959 was the site of the Ardmore Municipal Airport and is now the industrial airport Ard mores. The property is located on the west side of I-35, east of Interstate 35 and west of US 40 and near the intersection of US-40 and Interstate 40.
Ardmore was founded in 1887 when the Roff Brothers' Seven Hundred Ranch was created, but not by the Great Rural Run of 1889. It was first established as a settlement and served as the county seat of Carter County and was opened as an industrial center for the town of Ardmore and its neighboring towns until 1887, when the Santa Fe Railroad passed through. Built in 1916 directly on the Main, the Santafe Depot served the SantaFe Railway, the main branch of the railway from San Antonio, Texas, to Oklahoma City. There is no service on the railroad anymore, and a few blocks north is the old train station that is now part of the Oklahoma State Museum of Natural History.